Two scheduled daily flights to Eastgate Airport, near Hoedspruit, on SA Express Airways from OR Tambo international airport in Johannesburg will get you to Hoedspruit in one hour. From there it is a 45 minute drive to umVangati House.
Take the R21 in a southern direction towards Boksburg. (6km)
- Get onto the N12 towards Emalahleni. (114km)
- Continue to Belfast on the N4 (86km)
- Take the R33 turnoff to Belfast. (3km) DO NOT continue towards the R36 road at this point if your GPS suggests it – this road is in a very bad condition.
- In Belfast take the R540 towards Dullstroom. (33km)
- At Dullstroom continue on the R540 towards Lydenburg (Mashishing). (55km)
- At Lydenburg (Mashishing) get on the R36 (this section is good) towards Ohrigstad. (48km)
- Continue on the R36 towards Hoedspruit over the mountain and through the JG Stryijdom Tunnel and continue on the R527 (70km) Please note that Route R36 change to R527
- Turn right on the Orpen / Driehoek road BEFORE crossing the Blyde River.
- Continue on the road until T-Junction. (14km)
- Turn right towards Swadini.
- Turn left at the umVangati House sign. (500m)
From Nelspruit / Kruger International Airport
From the airport turn right onto the R538
- Follow the R538 towards White River until the first traffic light. (12km)
- At the traffic light turn right onto the R40 towards Hazyview.
- Continue on the R40 towards Hazyview. (44km)
- At Hazyview turn left at T-junction staying on the R40 and continue to Klaserie. (74km)
- Continue on the R40 towards Klaserie. - DO NOT turn off on the ORPEN road.
- At Klaserie, pass under the bridge – stay on the R531.
- Continue until the Swadini turn off (R2189) to the left. (18km)
- Continue on the D2189 and turn left at the umVangati House sign. (6km)
GPS Coordinates for Gate
S24° 30’ 29.14” & E30° 50’ 19.52” OR -24.508097° & 30.838761°